Smart RSS is an extension that clones (in a bit mutated way) RSS reader from Opera 12.
Because extension API does NOT allow to add both button next to url field (to Open RSS reader) and to url field (to add RSS from current site). I had to create TWO extensions which communicates with each other!
- Smart RSS (main extension, latest build): http://smartrss.martinkadlec.eu/smartrss.2014-07-19.1.nex
- RSS Detector (adds page button to address field): http://smartrss.martinkadlec.eu/rssdetector.2014-03-16.1.nex
- Source: https://github.com/BS-Harou/Smart-RSS
Note: Install them by downloading the file and then dragging it to opera:extensions tab
- You can use shorcuts as G,H,T,Y,CTRL+A,CTRL+SHIFT+A,K,D (for more info read O12 RSS/M2 docs)
- Put ":" before text in search box for full text search
- When new feed items are fetched the extension button turns blue/orange. To turn it to grey again you have to select all feeds with new items or explicitly select the All feeds item.
- You can multi select feeds and change "update interval" and "autoremove" of all selected feeds at once. When multi-selecting feeds, their articles aren't automatically added to middle column. You must explicitly press enter (moves focus to middle column) or right arrow (doesn't move focus to middle column) to get articles from all selected feeds.
- If you click on unread count of a feed, only unread articles are displayed. (You can also use alt+click on a feed item)
If you'd like to, you can make a donation